WCWD is an independent volunteer-run social enterprise and we have a team based all over the world dedicated to creating our website and content that helps empower and inform everyone to activate their inner activists.
Each week the WCWD team adds new content to the site – we keep it relevant to make sure you’re informed on the latest!
But because we also know it can be overwhelming with so much information flying around, we’ve collated 5 new things for you to get involved in this week,
whether you do one or all five, you can make a difference.
1) Celebrate LGBT+ History Month
"LGBT+ History Month is a month-long annual celebration and remembrance of LGBT+ history. The main aims of the month are to promote equality and diversity, whilst remembering those who came before us." - Gay Star News
Celebrate this February's LGBT+ History month by:
- Attending the virtual events advertised and booked via the LGBT+ History website.
- Reading and sharing the resources found on the LGBT+ History website. You can use these to promote LGBT+ equality within your own community, workplace or school.
- Teaching one of the 80 lesson plans that can be found via The Classroom.
- Downloading The Proud Trust's 2021 LGBT+ History month toolkit. They’ve done all the leg work so you don’t have to!
2) Call for a national day of remembrance for Covid victims
Within the UK, over a 100,000 people have lost their lives to Covid.